The following information applies to registered participants and speakers. For participants and speakers with a sponsoring organization noted in your invitation letter, please follow the supplemental instructions provided by your sponsor.
Sheraton Hanoi Hotel
K5 Nghi Tam, 11 Xuan Dieu Road
Tay Ho District
For all self-funded participants and speakers, you are responsible for making your own flight arrangements to Hanoi. For all participants and speakers with a sponsoring organization noted in your invitation letter, please follow the instructions provided by the sponsor.
We recommend that you arrive in Hanoi on June 26 to participate in the pre-Forum Asia LEDS Partnership Workshop, and depart from Hanoi on June 29 (late afternoon or evening). For participants who would also like to attend the Regional Workshop on Mechanisms that Catalyze Finance for Grid-Connected Clean Energy in Asia on June 30 – July 1, please indicate your interest during the online registration process. You are advised to wait for the organizing team’s confirmation of your attendance before modifying your travel plans.
For all self-funded participants, you are responsible for making your own accommodation arrangement in Hanoi. If your hotel preference is the Sheraton Hanoi Hotel (venue of the Forum) and would like to obtain the negotiated room rate, please contact Mr. Ritwick Boyi (contact details below) to receive the hotel booking form and direct your completed form and inquiries to:
Ms. Khanh Vu
Director of Catering & Event Management
Tel: + 844 3719 9000
Mobile: + 849 0453 8118
Fax: + 844 3719 9001
Please be advised that the check-in time at the Sheraton Hanoi Hotel is 3:00 PM and the check-out time is 12:00 PM. Kindly make sure that you leave the hotel at least 2-3 hours before your flight departure time.
Vietnam visa exemption is granted to:
• Citizens of Cambodia, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, and Laos for visits of up to 30 days
• Citizens of the Philippines for visits of up to 21 days
• Citizens of Japan, South Korea, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Russia and Finland for visits of up to 15 days
• Citizens of Brunei for visits of up to 14 days
• Citizens of France holding valid diplomatic or official passports for visits of up to 90 days at several visits within a period of 6 months
• Citizens of Chile holding valid diplomatic or official passports for visits of up to 90 days
ACTION REQUIRED: If you are required a visa to enter Vietnam, you are responsible for applying for a visa in one of the following ways:
1. Apply for a Vietnam visa in person at your Vietnam embassy/consulate. Applying for a visa at the Vietnam embassy/consulate in your country is applicable to arrivals by air, land, or sea. The processing time may take 3-5 business days after the embassy/consulate receives your complete application.
See address of Vietnam embassies in the world
2. Apply for a Vietnam visa on arrival. The visa on arrival is applicable to visitors entering Vietnam by plane only. Apply online here in four steps:
• Complete online application form
• Confirm and pay online
• Receive an approval letter via email for flight boarding (Processing time: 2 working days for normal service, 1 working day and 4 working hours for super urgent service.)
• Get your visa stamped upon arrival at Vietnam international airports
ACTION REQUIRED: You are requested to arrange your own transportation from the Noi Bai International Airport to your hotel and vice versa. The Sheraton Hanoi Hotel is located approximately 25 kilometers/15.54 miles from airport. A taxi ride costs around 400,000 VND or 20 USD and takes around 30 minutes.
Hotel limousines are also available 24 hours a day. For more information on hotel limousines offered by the Sheraton Hanoi Hotel (reservation is required), please contact +84 4 3719 9000 (ext. 4) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
International breakfast buffet for one person is included in the room charge. Breakfast will be served at the Sheraton Hanoi Hotel restaurant from 06:00 to 10:00. Lunch and coffee will be provided during the Forum on June 27-29. Please consult the programme book for the locations of served meals.
The Forum venue will provide a meeting room climate of around 25°C. Business casual attire is acceptable.
Hanoi is located in the tropical zone of North Vietnam where the weather varies between tropical monsoon and tropical wet and dry climate. The average temperature in June to July is around 29 °C (84°F). Daily average temperature ranges between 26°C and 33°C, with humidity at about 75%. The probability that precipitation will be observed at this location varies throughout the month.
Please note that the electrical appliances in Vietnam operate on 220 volts. The power sockets are of type A/C/G (see images). You are advised to carry a power plug adapter.
Exchange facilities are available both at the Noi Bai International Airport and at the reception desk of the Sheraton Hanoi Hotel. The current rate of exchange is approximately 1.00 USD = 22,295 VND.
Wireless internet service is available for participants in the function rooms.
For questions related to logistics, please contact:
Ms. Thida Ruengsit
USAID LEAD – Low Emissions Asian Development program
Tel: +66 (2) 655 8311 x101
For technical questions about the Forum, please contact:
Mr. Ritwick Boyi
ICLEI – South Asia Secretariat
Tel: +91-40-4220 0026
Fax: +91-40-4003 4010
Copyright Asia LEDS Partnership 2016